This week we were given the chance to create the project we planned out in last week’s blog. I chose to create a “virtual buggy,” or a webpage to hold all of my work done in my dance Comp 1 class. This way, I can refer to it whenever I need, and it will be much easier to remember everything I make. Luckily, I didn’t run into any troubles this week with my computer or my camera.
Looking back on how I managed my time, I am extremely satisfied with how I carried out my "work week." I found plenty of time Tuesday evening to film my work, leaving myself even more time to piece together my webpage Wednesday and Thursday. After pondering what would be more efficient, I chose to create a subpage under DMA on my Google portfolio. This way it is also conveniently connected to my profile and other work as well.
Not only will this page allow me to keep all my Comp work in one place, but it will give me somewhere to post other dances as well. In fact, I hope to upload some videos of the variations we have learned in my BL5 Variations class soon. (I just have to find the music first.) But apart from variations or movements, this page will give me somewhat of a professional advantage/benefit as well. Keeping in mind the fact that auditions are a key part of a dancers' career, having a webpage of all my work would also be a great place to upload audition videos. In a small way, it would be like "getting myself out there." Like my teachers say in class, you never know who might be watching you.
I enjoyed being able to gather all of my work into one place, and I hope y’all enjoy what I created as well!
(Here's my website, and below is an example of some of my work that I loaded onto the webpage.)